It is flu season and the kids come home with runny noses, the gym is a breeding ground for all sorts of viruses and you are almost guaranteed a sore throat after a trip on the Gautrain. Our natural flu remedy is made with rooibos tea, lemon, ginger and honey. It is warm and comforting and the perfect boost for your immune system. Have a cup three times a day and you will kiss the flu away 😀
Ginger has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties and both honey and lemon have been shown to have antibacterial and antiviral effects.
A warm and comforting natural flu remedy.
- 4 rooibos tea bags
- 1 large piece of ginger, finely grated
- juice from 1 - 2 lemons
- 1 -2 tbsp honey
- Step 1 Add the rooibos tea bags to 1 litre of boiling water.
- Step 2 Add the grated ginger, lemon juice and honey.
- Step 3 Let it steep for 5 – 10 minutes and remove the tea bags.
- Step 4 Store in the refrigerator for 2 – 3 days.