This inflammation fighting powerhouse of a smoothie is fresh and delicious and loaded with turmeric and ginger. Turmeric and especially its most active compound curcumin have many scientifically-proven health benefits, such as the potential to prevent heart disease, Alzheimer’s and cancer. It’s a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant and may also help improve symptoms of depression and arthritis. Ginger has a very long history of use in various forms of traditional or alternative medicine. It has been used to help digestion, reduce nausea, help fight the flu and common cold and has powerful anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects.
Turmeric and ginger smoothie
A fresh and delicious, inflammation fighting smoothie packed with flavour.
- 1 fresh or frozen banana
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 1 tbsp nut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp fresh or ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- dash of honey or maple syrup (to taste)
- 1 scoop collagen or protein powder of choice (optional)
- 1 tbsp MCT oil (optional)
- pinch of salt
- Step 1 Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.