Entertaining when you are following a low carb diet can be tricky. These low carb crackers are quick and easy to make and extremely versatile. For the perfect appetiser or snack platter, arrange the low carb crackers, fruit, raw veggies, nuts, olives and cured meats with a yummy zesty guacamole on a pretty plate or wood cutting board. Also great for lunch boxes or a quick, nutritious snack on the run.
Play around with different flavours. We love adding cumin, turmeric, garlic or even curry powder.
Low carb crackers
These low carb crackers are delicious, easy to make and super versatile. Perfect for snack platters.
- 3 tbsp nut butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp mixed seeds (we used chia and pumpkin seeds)
- 2½ tbsp coconut flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp cumin / turmeric (optional)
- 1 egg
- Step 1 Preheat the oven to 160℃.
- Step 2 In a bowl mix all the ingredients but the egg.
- Step 3 Whisk the egg and add to the rest of the ingredients. You should get a sticky dough.
- Step 4 Line a banking tray with baking paper or use a silicone baking sheet.
- Step 5 Place the dough on the baking tray and cover with a sheet of baking paper.
- Step 6 With a rolling pin, roll the dough into a square, about 3 – 5 mm think.
- Step 7 Cut the rolled out dough into 20 – 24 squares – no need to separate the squares.
- Step 8 Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Step 9 Let the crackers cool down and break into squares.
- Step 10 Store in an airtight container for up to a week.
- Step 11 Serve as it is or with a delicious low carb dip like our zesty guacamole.