These nut butter cookies couldn’t be easier. You will only need 3 ingredients. It’s easy, quick, super yummy and 100% kids approved. I had my doubts when I first saw a similar recipe on a I Quit Sugar post. Impossible I thought….but it really works. Try it, you’ll see. This is quite an expensive recipe as you will use a cup of nut butter, but so worth it.
Easy 3 ingredient cookies - gluten, wheat, dairy and refined sugar free
You only need 3 ingredients for these gluten, wheat, dairy and refined sugar free biscuits.
- 1 cup nut butter (we used almond butter)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- pinch of salt (optional but recommended)
- Step 1 Preheat your oven to 180℃.
- Step 2 Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix until crumbly and easy to form into a ball. At first the mixture will be slimy and difficult to combine. Continue mixing as it will become crumbly and cookie dough like.
- Step 3 Form into a ball and let the mixture rest in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Step 4 With your hands, roll the dough into small balls and place on a prepared baking tray or silicone baking sheet.
- Step 5 Flatten the balls with a fork into cookie shaped discs.
- Step 6 Bake for 10 minutes.
- Step 7 Let the cookies cool down and enjoy as it is or make chocolate sandwiches by spreading our healthy chocolate spread between two completely cooled cookies.
- Step 8 Store in the fridge.